Newnham Parish Northamptonshire

Photograph © Lee Alexander

Newnham Parish Northamptonshire Web Site.

Home Page  Village News Parish Council  Newnham Church  Village Hall  Newnham School

Girl Guides  Womens Inst  Neighbourhood Watch  Bell Ringers  F.O.N.S

Bus Timetable  The Romer Arms  Freedom of Information  Communtiy Strategy  Burial Ground  Allotments

Contact Details  Village Facts & History  Local Services

NEWNHAM PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the meeting held on 4th December 2017 in the Village Hall

PRESENT; Councillors David Messenger

Richard Harcock

John Powell

Harry Ferguson

Hugh Jolly

Terry Regan

 

118.17 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE received from Nigel Fleet and Marion Money'.

It is noted Will Nunneley has resigned from being the Chairman of the Council. Jonnie Amos will attend the meeting later.

119.17 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST FOR ITEMS ON THE AGENDA

Harry Ferguson re allotments

 

120.17 TO SIGN AND APPROVE THE MINUTES HELD ON 6rH NOVEMBER

Proposed by John Powell and approved after correction.

121.17 PUBLIC TIME

No member of public present.

122.17 ALLOTMENTS

DM awaiting reply from Liam At Daventry District Housing re possible purchase.

123.17 HANDYMAN

KEN Alexander from the village has declined the job but JP has met a man called Jaime and it is proposed John writes with an offer of a month's trial.

124.17 FINANCIAL

Accounts paid

Clerks salary  392.96

Grass Cutting  384.00

Hall Hire   45.00

{a} Bank balances are as follows;-Current Account .Nil. Account £37905 .69

REH and Marion to investigate Fixed Term Deposit Rates at Nat-West and report back.

 

{b}Street Lighting -John Powell has purchased and demonstrated LED light,

DM to ask Marion whether we have on going contract with Aylesbury Lighting.

HF is to explore lighting procedures with contacts re qualified electrician & TR to speak to Martin Parrot re contacts.

{c} Recreation Ground. Discussion  re Refurbishment . Rolling programme proposed and urgency re Health & Safety discussed .

OM  proposed out of reserves we put £8000 aside and this was agreed as contribution to first phase of work .

Nigel to ascertain 3 quotes re swing area. HF to discuss with Theresa (Ex Councillor) priorities  re safety issues on recreation area.

{d] Claims for refund noted.

{e} To approve payments as follows;-

125 .17. CORRESPONDENCE

{a} Mr P.Baldry re Neighbourhood Plan. Email response circulated by DM

{b}  Mr A Cox Email  received re Handyman. Points noted and to be used in job specification re new incumbent.

 

126.17. CLERKS REPORT. No report due to Illness.

127.17.PLANNiNG

{a} Strategic Plan For District.HF & REH had attended display in Daventry Library and general discussion held re planning in area and traffic issues.The two documents forwarded to MM and passed to REH formed the basis of the discussion . These were the strategic plan itself and a booklet of maps for the district .

Newnham is a 'Other Village' settlement .

HF sugested that the  reply on behalf of village  was 'No Comment' ,as at this stage we have nothing to add to the  proposals .

 

{b} Parish & Town Council Meeting. Hugh Jolly will attend on behalf of the Council

Planning Applications . Support both applications at 'The Bartons' &  'Poets Corner'.HF to reply accordingly .

.

128.17 HEALTH AND SAFETY

{a} Burial Ground. No Report

{b} Churchyard. No Report

{c} Recreation Play Area .Please see previous comments re Finance.

129.17 .ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION AT NEXT MEETING.

{a} Vacancy for New Councillor.

{b} Memorial to Newnham Hill Climb.JP to present.

 

130.17. DATE OF NEXT MEETING' 8th January 2018

 

       Edited 11 Jul 2018            Copyright © 2010 Newnham Parish Council            Viewings web page hit counter            Web Site Designed By REGANWEB 01327-300747

T